Welcome to the W.O.K roadmap.
This page will track the progress of the project in a very simple and efficient way. I will maintain this roadmap and keep it updated.
Every month I will release a demo of the application. Here is a short list of what is coming next.
“One thing… there will be a way to mine FRANC from inside the application WOK. It will be a mining facility and it will work like staking. So you will lock x FRANC and you will get x+% FRANC in return (probably 15% APR) vested every day. I plan to have the mining working in in July I am publishing a working demo every month.”
March 2021: Basic Island with landscape and one building. One character locolotion. Weather + Day/night cycle. April 2021: + Vegetation, foliage, trees, multiple camera and multiple location. Optimization of the foliage.
+ Tech Ville buildings + roads + basic Inventory.
June 2021: + Mining but without a wallet at the mining facility.
July 2021: + The mining and wallet (send and receive) working So normally, in July, WOK will be an app in 3d, where you can visually rent a mining gear (virtually) and do staking with FRANC.
2017-2018: the projet started with Unity 3d Engine.
But Unity did an update that basically destroyed most of the work done. They didn’t cared about compatibility and most of my work was lost.
2019-2020: creation of Kryptofranc
Krypotofranc (KYF) is an innovative blockchain that will power WOK. It was first designed to be an NGO project that was supposed to empower the NGO with the benefit or receiving charity using crypto currencies. This was mostly the idea from my partner Jean Martial. But it failed. Because of the lack of understanding of what crypto is and the benefit of it, NGO snobed the project and finally I got Jean Martial to follow the initial idea: W.O.K
2021: Rebooting and FRANC
Kryptofranc was not adapted to power an economy, so we needed to have a smart contract that will have both low fees and a lot of flexibility. We first wanted to do an ERC20 type of contract, on the Ethereum chain, but a lot of problem about the fees (gas) being way too high forced us to find another chain to work with. Our choice is Tron Chain (TRX) because basically it is a copy of Ethereum but much better. They have solved the problem of fees, and it is what Chinese does the best, and great working machinery that is widely supported. Franc is finally an TRC20 contract.
We swapped Kryptofranc to Franc, so in consequence there will be only one crypto currency in the application: FRANC.
Milestone 00: Preparation
selection of fixed models (trees, plants, buildings, roads)
creation of basic materials (material grounds, glass, metals, rocks)
purchase or selection of the necessary marketplace assets.
evaluation of technologies for multiplayer, GUI, crypto API calls.
creation of spline materials (paths, roads, barbed wire, electric cables, rivers etc …)
organise and store all these assets in a way that they are easy to find and use.
Milestone 01: Construction of the static environment.
creation of the land of the island.
creation of the ocean, the lake and the rivers and all that is water-based.
creation of trees, foliage, debris, rocks.
creation of Slum Ville (free buildings)
– creation of the Pods in Tech ville (middle class technological building)
– creation of Hut Ville (part on the seaside beach in bamboo huts)
creation of Tech Ville city (technological buildings)
creation of the mining facility, the surgery room, the profile room, the town administrative center, the factory (industrial part that manufactures energy and materials)
– creation of shops (bars, disco, agogo bars, shopping, slot games etc …).
– creation of Fun Town is next to and is part of Slum Ville.
Milestone 02: Selection and animation of NPC characters (non player characters) and others.
Inclusion of Metahumans technology, optimization, feasibility.
– creation of basic male and female mannequins, and their customizations (ice, fire, nickel, basic etc …)
– creation of the natives, male, female and children. They clean, and make the island work and set the mood. They are human in appearance but are in fact androids.
– creation of basic characters: bar owners, girls, tramps, android sciences (in hospitals and technological-style factories) etc …
– creation of adventure characters, and artifacts won in the adventure.
– creation of external monsters.
Milestone 03: Animation, dialogues, shops and sound effects
– recording of the standard pre-programmed dialogues in English (Hello handsome man, You should get one of these bracelets at the city hall, or you will get killed real quick, etc …) which are there to help the player.
– animation of all the characters.
– creation of interactions between characters and the game’s AI, pre-program movements of NPCs, pseudo-random balanced sentences.
– creation of noise and ambient sounds in each of the cities and in nature.
– creation of the GUI of the basic shopping and inventory system.
Menus options and launcher.
– creation of the inventory system and management of items.
– creation of the terminals and web interface
ambiance sound Fx Environment.
– ambiance sound Fx Buildings.
Milestone 04: Networking and finance
– Saving / loading of characters, statuses, events on the remote server.
– Currency management, transaction security.
– Mining and staking.
– Management of purchases and sales of objects, possessions etc …
– Calculation of the pyramid of ranks, calculation of social credit, tips (we can give a tip to a player or an NPC)
– Sending private messages.
– Facebook-style notification display.
– Creation of main objects (teleporter, cars, scooters, etc …)
– Creation of NPC businesses
– Creation of businesses for players.
– Management of Francs, purchase sale, conversion, transfer to a wallet address.
Milestone 05: Creation of events
– Creation of the FPS training area (paintball).
– Creation of fights in the outer zone (outside the barbed wire).
– Electricity management.
– Management of external attacks.
– Navigation from one event to another through the 2D interface of the event log.
– Event Log for Android.
– Creation of exceptional moderation capacities.
Milestone 06: Communication
– Written chat.
– Sound chat.